Translate

Tuesday 11 August 2015

Why I Raped My Friend’s Teenage Daughter – UNILAG Lecturer


A part-time lecturer, Afeez Baruwa, has been arrested for allegedly raping an 18-year-old admission seeker, Caroline (pseudonym) at the University of Lagos, Akoka.
Read: Lecturer Rapes 18 Year-old Admission Seeker at UNILAG He tells his part of the story below:

It is true that I took her to YABATECH and showed her places. What is not true is that I deliberately took off from home because of any plan to do anything bad to her. I took off from home that early to avoid traffic.
When she was in my office, she was the one telling me to be free with her. I realised that I needed to lie down a little and did not want my shirt to be rumpled. When I pulled it off, she even told me not to mind her presence that since it was my office, I could do whatever I wanted.
When we first got to the office, she lay on my chest and was even playing with my manhood. That was why I could not resist it. After we came back from seeing the woman who was supposed to help with her admission, she was about to go when I told her to give me a hug. It was that which now led to the actual sexual encounter.
When I realised that I could not resist her, I had to tell her to let me put on a condom. The truth is that, while I was putting on a condom, she stood by and waited. I did not actually penetrate. When she was saying its enough, its enough and complaining that her tummy had started hurting her, I stopped.
Baruwa explained that Sholas father had sent a cryptic text message to him (days later when he learnt of what happened to his daughter), saying that he had learnt of what he did to his daughter.
I know I betrayed his trust but nobody would understand it was consensual. I would have reached out to him to beg him if I think it would solve the problem, he said. Two days later, he was arrested by the Nigerian police.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts