1. Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super SportWith a 1,200 horsepower engine, Veyron Super Sport will leave every other vehicle on the road in a cloud of dust. Built with a streamlined appearance, it looks like a hunting cheetah. However, it comes with a bad looking price tag – Bugatti has only sold around 435 of these machines, so far. Reaching a top speed of 252.97 miles per hour, this car uses a set of specialized tires that can only be serviced at a shop in France, for $70,000.
2. Ferrari LaFerarriSometimes called the F150, Ferrari’s LaFerarri kept the same streamlined look that Ferrari fans have always loved. However, this car is powerful, but eco-friendly; the engine is a hybrid, running on petrol and electricity. That doesn’t take away from it’s power, though; with 950 horsepower under the hood, this monster can reach 186 miles per hour in only 15 seconds. It’s top speed is somewhere around 217 miles per hour. The LaFerrari set records on its test course, finishing the entire circuit in 1 minute and 20 seconds, which is faster than any other vehicle Ferrari has ever produced – any that were road-legal, anyway.
3. McLaren P1When people think of electric cars, they don’t often think of speed — they usually think of them in terms of envirnoment, as of nice, silent, decent looking cars that are good enough, but not too impressive when it comes to power. Therefore, McLaren P1 comes as a surprise. With a 903 horsepower engine, P1 is a powerful hybrid with a top speed of 217 miles per hour; if you remove the inhibitor, it can reach speeds even higher than that. It hits 62 miles per hour in just 2.8 seconds, and 186 miles per hour in 16.5 seconds, which makes it faster than McLaren F1.
4. Porsche 918 SpyderWith 795 horsepower under the hood, this is the fastest spider you’ll find. Spyder is also a hybrid, much like LeFerrari and P1. However, it offers something neither of the other two has: four wheel drive. The Spyder can reach 60 miles per hour in just 2.2 seconds, and 100 miles per hour in just 4.9. One of the more readily available powerhouses on the market, Spyder can be yours for just $845,000.
5. Ferrari F12 BerlinettaF12 Berlinetta has 730 horsepower packed into a V12 engine. It was named the Supercar of the Year in 2012 by Top Gear magazine. This machine can hit speeds higher than 220 miles per hour and go from 0 to 60 in just 3.1 seconds. Part of its power lies in a lower center of gravity and reduced-weight chassis. Multiple variations of the Berlinetta have been created, including SP America and F12 TRS, but these variations tend to be one-off models that are much more difficult to obtain than the standard version.
6. Dodge Charger SRT HellcatCapable of delivering amazing 707 horsepower thanks to its great 6.2 liter engine, Hellcat has a top speed of 204 miles per hour. It can reach 60 miles per hour in just 3.7 seconds, making it one of the fastest road-legal cars on the market; however, it comes at a lower price than many other cars on this list, starting at just $59,995.
7. Lamborghini Aventador LP700Lamborghini has long been known for their finesse and their power, and the Aventador model is no exception. With 690 horsepower under the hood and the ability to reach 62 miles per hour in just 2.9 seconds, it is a powerful vehicle. The 217 miles per hour top speed doesn’t hurt, either. In addition, the Aventador possesses the sleek, streamlined look, similar to other Lamborghini models. It is a popular choice despite having less power compared to other supercars.
8. Ferrari FFFerrari FF can deliver 651 horsepower, and comes with an additional feature not often seen in tourers: four-wheel drive. Its top speed is 208 miles per hour, and it can reach 62 miles per hour in just 3.7 seconds. Ferrari FF is available for $300,000, which makes it cheaper than most other supercars. Only 800 Ferrari FFs were produced during the first year.
9. McLaren 650SMcLaren 650S (Spider) is a powerful two-door car with 641 horsepower coming from a 3.8 liter V8 engine. It reaches 62 miles per hour in just 3 seconds flat, and can reach 124 miles per hour in 8.4 seconds. The carbon fiber chassis provides the vehicle with a powerful, yet lightweight frame, allowing it to reach higher speeds in less time. 650S is based on MP4-12C; however, it has roughly 25% different parts which give it 500 ft lbs of torque.
10. SRT ViperAs part of the famous Dodge Viper line of vehicles, SRT Viper is a powerful machine with 640 horsepower and the top speed of 206 miles per hour. You can buy it for $459,000; however, there is a limited edition package called the Time Attack package that would cost you additional $16,000. The package adds another 200 pounds of downforce, making the top speed a little lower – 193 miles per hour, but making the vehicle more aerodynamic than before. An interesting thing to note is that it set the production car lap record in 2013, with 1:33:62.
source (Independent Media.)